What Should I Blog About?
You’ve probably been told that content is king and that content marketing is an amazing way to generate free traffic, leads, and sales on the internet.
I have an entire article dedicated to education around content marketing strategies and whyÂ they workÂ so well.
But, even though people may know the benefits of content marketing, many still get confused and confronted with the question, “What should I blog about?”
This video goes into detail about the “What should I blog about?” question:
The basic idea and premiss behind content marketing is that you are providing valuable content that answers the questions and problems that people have and that they are desiring solutions for when they type their keywords into the search engines.
It doesn’t matter what your niche is (real eastate, weight loss, internet marketing, basket weaving, etc)… if you provide value and learn how to rank your content so people can find it when they search for certain keywords, you can create a hugely successful businessÂ using content marketing.
What Should I Blog About? Where Do I Get Content To Write About?
There is no shortage of things to blog about. If you use your creativity, you can easily come up with an endless supply of interesting articles that you can create.
Here are some ideas to help you answer the “What should I blog about?” question…
1) First of all, it’s important to define your niche. Ask yourself questions such as
- Who is my target audience?
- What am I passionate enough about that I can write about it everyday?
- What message do I have to share with the world?
- What are my strengths?
For example, I LOVE internet marketing and I’m passionate about teaching people how to learn the skills requires to marketÂ on the internet so that they can free themselves from the corporate rat race.
I’m also extremely passionate about personal development and helping people overcome obstacles so that they can create the life they desire.
This is my mission in life. 🙂
Therefore, I have defined my niche(s) as Online Marketing and Personal Development.
You might be passionate about fitness, or weight loss, or basketweaving, or art… in which case you wouild want to define your niche in one of these areas.
2) Once you have defined your niche, you can get ideas for content to create for your content marketing in various ways. Here are a few ideas:
- When you come up against a question or a problem you’d like to know the answer to (within your niche), go to YouTube and type in your question. You are likely to find dozens of videos addressing the topic you were inquiring about. Watch one of the videos (or a couple of them) and then create your own piece of contentÂ summarizing what you learned. Remember, if you have a question about something, chances are many others do, too. So when you create a new piece of content it provides value to the marketplace and, over time, positions you as the expert in your field.
- Consistently read books and continue to educate yourself on topics within your niche. If you are consistently feeding your brain with valuable information, you will NEVER run out of valuable information to share through content marketing.
- Interview someone within your niche and transpose it into a blog post. You can also record the interview using a tool such as Audio Acrobat and post the recording within your post for people to listen to as well.
- If you’re in the Empower Network, listen to an Inner Circle audio each day. I have found that each interview usually contains enough information for multiple blog posts. You can also use the Costa Rica Mastermind and the $15 K per Month Formula (2 really popular Empower Network products)Â to come up with a ton of value to share in your content marketing.
- If you have access to any other products that you’ve purchased that contain training of any kind within your niche, go through the training and recreate what you learn into valuable content to share through content marketing.
- Share your experiences. I cannot stress this enough… sharing your triumphs, breakthroughs, and even challenges on a regular basis helps people to be able to get to know you better and to better relate to you. Be authentic and transparent… and keep it interesting.
- Use current events and holidays within your content marketing. This isÂ a great way to get a ton of traffic to your post… because if something is a current event or a hot topic at the moment (the Olympics, Valantine’s Day, Black Friday), there are guaranteed to be millions of people typing those keywords into the search engines). When using this technique, just be sure to stay within your niche. For example, I posted an article around Memorial Day where I shared about a race that I ran with my daughter on Memorial Day (so people can relate to me personally) and also talked about the true definition of freedom (and how it can be obtained through online marketing- which is my niche).
- Have you found a new tool or resource that you love? Share it with your audience. And don’t forget to become an affiliate for the product you are sharing so you can use your affiliate link within your post and make some commisson for your referrals. (Stay tuned for a whole blog post dedicated to this subject… coming soon!).
These are just a few ideas… but, as you can see, you should always be able to easily come up with an answer to the “What should I blog about?” question.
Keep a Journal or a List To Jot Down Ideas About What To Blog About As They Come Up
I find that as I go through my day, I’m constantly having inspired moments where I think of an awesome article that I could write about an experience I just had or something I learned that day. It’s really helpful to be able to write down ideas for content marketing articles as soon as they come so that you don’t forget.
In my own experience, I find that there are never enough hours in the day to possibly write about all of the things I want to share in my content marketing. I may never make it through my whole list (especially since I’m consistently adding to it), but having the list handy makes it easy to never have to think about the question “What should I blog about?”. I can just pull out the list and start writing.
I hope this has been helpful and that you will never draw a blank again when you ask yourself the question, “What should I blog about?”.
Please leave your comments and questions below about the “What should I blog about?” question… I look forward to hearing from you.
To Your Success,
Amy Starr Allen
p.s. Want an Empower Network blog that’s all set up for you and ready to go (it even includes the SEO Score plugin for FREE!)? Get one here for $25.
p.p.s. I’d love to share with you what has helped me create the time freedom to be able to start to use my gifts, fulfill my purpose and literally start to live my dreams. I donâ€™t care where you are in the worldâ€¦ or what your background is. It doesnâ€™t matter if you have had any success (ever) or not.
What youâ€™re about to hearâ€¦ will change your life.
If you listen inâ€¦ NOW.
â€¦make a decision. Join Here (only $25).