The Find Your Voice Rock Your Blog Podcast Welcomes Maxwell Ivey
If you find yourself having excuses in your business or with your blog, you are going to love this episode with Maxwell Ivey.
Max is a true inspiration… his positive outlook on life is contagious.
AND… you’re in for a special treat, because Max was even generous enough to sing for us on today’s episode (the first verse of ‘The River’ by Garth Brooks).
Enjoy the episode!
Born into a family of carnival owners in Texas, USA, Maxwell Ivey lost his sight at age 12. Having a natural gusto for life, Max graduated college and became heavily involved in the Eagle Scouts. He also worked in the family business alongside brothers until his father succumbed to lung cancer. Faced with his own mortality, Max made some life-altering changes. He underwent gastric surgery and lost over 250 pounds. He started his own business, buying and selling amusement rides, and learned how to blog using software for visually-impaired people. Overcoming many obstacles, Max made a name for himself online and now shares his experiences on The Blind Blogger.
Reading, singing, and blogging are among Maxâ€™s favorite things to do. He especially enjoys helping others find their bliss.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- The changes Max has undergone since losing his eyesight
- How changes in technology have caused additional challenges for Max and how he has adapted
- How Max discovered that he was an inspiration (and how he still doesn’t believe it sometimes)
- How none of us see ourselves as clearly as people from the outside see us
- How he won a guest post that got such a great response, it helped him to realize that he was capable of inspiring people
- What his first website was like: How he created it without his eyesight, and that it was ugly but it made money
- The importance of backing up your website
- Why it’s important to have digestable goals (for your business or any other type of goal)
- How Max used small goals to lose 250 pounds
- The 4 groups Max breaks his goals into
- The power of having a positive mindset
- How to find one concrete action you can do today to move you closer to your goal
- How being exposed to our mortality can help us move forward and stop putting off our goals and dreams until ‘someday’
- Why we need to celebrate every accomplishment
- How doors start to open and crazy opportunities will find you when we we focus in the successes we’ve had and follow our hearts
- Why it’s so important to be vulnerable, and real
- Max sings ‘The River’ by Garth Brooks
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- The Blind Blogger
- Article: I Think I’m Ready To Be an Inspiration
- Life Lessons From a Blind Blogger (Max’s guest post)
- Leading You Out of the Darkness Into the Light (Max’s book)
How to Connect with Maxwell Ivey:
Hi Amy; I feel very blessed to have been invited to share my story with your listeners. We had a great conversation before, during, and after. And I know I made a new friend. One of the things I tell people about doing interviews like this is that you make lots of new connections. I believe that over half the hosts I have talked with have become friends. I look forward to sharing with you in the future. And I hope you have the time to learn the river so we can sing together. And I meant it when I said I’d love to hear some of the songs you have written to see if there are some I could sing. Just subscribed to your youtube channel. Looking forward to hearing people’s comments. I just know we are going to inspire people to take action. Like I said people have to stop worrying about how they look or what people will think and take those small steps towards their big goal. Thanks so much for inviting me. God bless you, Max
Max, you were a gift to my show. Thanks so much for sharing yourself so openly and being so committed to making a difference for people. You are a huge light in the Universe and I, too, feel like I made a new friend for life. You are truly a blessing.
And, yes, we will perform some music together soon!
Hi Amy; I just did what I do. You did the heavy lifting by creating the show, inviting me to be on it, and leading the interview where it was meant to go. I’m looking forward to recording with you. Maybe you have a couple songs of your own you could send me the audio files to or the links to them on your youtube channel so I could try to learn them. One of my not so secret goals is to record an album. I’d love to do it this year in time for the holiday season. It wouldn’t have to be christmas music per se but it could be spiritual and inspirational. email me. I know you are busy. Take care my new friend. xoxo Max
Max and Amy – such an inspirational podcast. Loved the closing with a beautiful song.
Thanks, Helen! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I was really moved by Max’s song as well. He’s a gem. 🙂
Hi Helen; Thanks so much for listening and for leaving a comment. It was a great interview for me with several aha moments. Now, we just need to get Amy more exposure so more people can benefit from my interview and from the many amazing people she will have on in the future. Would also love to see you over on my website. Right now I’m trying to choose the cover image for my next book and can use all the help I can get. Thanks again and many blessings to you, Max