The Find Your Voice Rock Your Blog Podcast Welcomes Maxwell Ivey
If you find yourself having excuses in your business or with your blog, you are going to love this episode with Maxwell Ivey.
Max is a true inspiration… his positive outlook on life is contagious.
AND… you’re in for a special treat, because Max was even generous enough to sing for us on today’s episode (the first verse of ‘The River’ by Garth Brooks).
Enjoy the episode!
Born into a family of carnival owners in Texas, USA, Maxwell Ivey lost his sight at age 12. Having a natural gusto for life, Max graduated college and became heavily involved in the Eagle Scouts. He also worked in the family business alongside brothers until his father succumbed to lung cancer. Faced with his own mortality, Max made some life-altering changes. He underwent gastric surgery and lost over 250 pounds. He started his own business, buying and selling amusement rides, and learned how to blog using software for visually-impaired people. Overcoming many obstacles, Max made a name for himself online and now shares his experiences on The Blind Blogger.
Reading, singing, and blogging are among Maxâ€™s favorite things to do. He especially enjoys helping others find their bliss.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- The changes Max has undergone since losing his eyesight
- How changes in technology have caused additional challenges for Max and how he has adapted
- How Max discovered that he was an inspiration (and how he still doesn’t believe it sometimes)
- How none of us see ourselves as clearly as people from the outside see us
- How he won a guest post that got such a great response, it helped him to realize that he was capable of inspiring people
- What his first website was like: How he created it without his eyesight, and that it was ugly but it made money
- The importance of backing up your website
- Why it’s important to have digestable goals (for your business or any other type of goal)
- How Max used small goals to lose 250 pounds
- The 4 groups Max breaks his goals into
- The power of having a positive mindset
- How to find one concrete action you can do today to move you closer to your goal
- How being exposed to our mortality can help us move forward and stop putting off our goals and dreams until ‘someday’
- Why we need to celebrate every accomplishment
- How doors start to open and crazy opportunities will find you when we we focus in the successes we’ve had and follow our hearts
- Why it’s so important to be vulnerable, and real
- Max sings ‘The River’ by Garth Brooks
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- The Blind Blogger
- Article: I Think I’m Ready To Be an Inspiration
- Life Lessons From a Blind Blogger (Max’s guest post)
- Leading You Out of the Darkness Into the Light (Max’s book)
How to Connect with Maxwell Ivey: