Happy 10th Birthday to Facebook (and Cheers to One of the Greatest Visionaries of Our Time)
I joined the site a few years later and it was a moment Iâ€™ll never forget.
I’ve always felt that “Facebook” (the platform) had something truly magical to offer the world.
I LOVE social networking sites and believe that sites such as Facebook are a manifestation of humanity’s desire to be more connected.
Mark Zuckerberg- One of the Greatest Visionaries of Our Time
I also see Mark Zuckerberg as one of the greatest visionaries of our time.
It’s amazing, too… he’s only 29 years old.
Here’s an example of what he’s created in the last 10 years:
- Facebook’s stock is now worth $61/share
- At $61 a share, Facebook is worth $150 billion.
- Facebook has likely reached the $150 billion mark faster than any company in history. (A couple of companies may have done this in the dot com boom, but they weren’t worth that much for long).
- Facebook’s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg owns about 500 million shares of Facebook stock.
- At $61 a share, Mark Zuckerberg’s stake is worth $31 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg, therefore, has personally made $31 billion in the past 10 years, an average of just north of $3 billion per year. (And that’s not including the $1 billion or so that he has taken off the table and/or given away.)
- Since 2010, Time magazine has named Mark Zuckerberg among the 100 wealthiest and most influential people in the world as a part of its Person of the Year distinction.
- In 2011, Mark Zuckerberg ranked first on the list of the “Most Influential Jews in the World” by The Jerusalem Post and has since consistently topped the list every year as of 2013.
Â It just goes to show what can happen when one person has the courage to pursue his dreams.
I don’t know about you but I am EXTREMELY grateful for Facebook.
It has simplified my way of keeping in touch with friends and relatives… making it easy to share pictures of my kids and updates about our lives on a daily basis… worldwide.
Facebook has allowed me to find old friends and relatives that I had lost touch with years ago.
And, Facebook has created a simple platform for marketers like myself to instantly and easily target the people we want to see our message… taking marketing to a whole new level.
It’s thanks to Facebook that I have met so many new friends and colleagues that I wouldn’t have otherwise had the chance to meet. For example, my new friends Pamela and David Rzoska who answered an ad from my business partner, all the way in New Zealand, and I just had the pleasure of meeting them in person this past weekend (they are now 2 of my favorite people on the planet… thanks, Facebook!).
So, Happy Birthday to Facebook! And thank you to Mark Zuckerberg… one of the greatest visionaries of our time… whose vision has allowed the human race to be more connected.
With Immense Gratitude,
P.S. I would love to meet you, help you achieve your goals in 2014, help you transform your life, and have a ton of fun with you this year.
Questions? Comments? I’d love to hear from you…
Please leave your comments and questions about Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg (or anything else that’s on your mind) below. I’d love to hear from you!
The ‘Mobile Money Mom’
DISCLAIMER: My results are not “average” because I chose to not be “average” myself. Instead, I chose to commit 100% to my business and I was willing to work it with persistence and focus.
This is not a guarantee that you’re going to have the same results. I don’t know you. Maybe you will. Maybe you won’t. But, what if you could?