In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Yaniv Zaid. Dr. Zaid is an expert in public speaking and sales and his mission in life is to help people to increase their income and build their professional authority.
Dr. Zaid is also known as Dr. Persuasion, a name that he created for himself before he became a doctor, and a brand that he has been living into ever since.
During our conversation, Dr. Zaid spoke about the importance of social proof and why it’s crucial to have a very specific call to action in your messaging.
He also shared how he is able to help brands have huge success (even though he doesn’t personally have an experience with their products), by deeply understanding the reasoning behind why someone would want to buy those products.
He spoke about how using artificial intelligence instead of your own voice could be hurting your business, and the importance of using simple words in your marketing.
If you’ve ever wondered how best to put yourself out into the world in a way that your audience will be able to find you, this episode will help you. Enjoy the episode!
Quotes From This Episode
- As an entrepreneur, you need to not just focus on what you are selling, you need to understand and focus on why people would buy it.
- When you know your unique perspective, you won’t need to compete with anyone else.
- You have spent a lot of time and money and energy on your achievements, so you need to talk about them. When you do, people will be drawn to your energy and they will believe in you.
- Social proof is a great tool for humble people and shy people because you don’t have to talk about yourself. You can let other people talk about you.
- Be authentic. Be the best version of yourself. In 2024, it is the only way because if we try to be fake or try to say something that’s not true or try to be someone else, it just won’t work long term.
- For long term success, you need to find your own unique voice. And all of us have a unique voice.
- Every expert is a student. As long as we live and breathe, we learn new things.
- If you are using AI to create content that appeals to everyone, people won’t hate you, but they also won’t love you.
Here are some of the topics that were covered in this episode:
- 00:00 Intro
- 3:45 How a lot of entrepreneurs get stopped because they don’t know how to present themselves and explain what they do- and how helping them became Dr. Zaid’s mission in life
- 5:30 How the formal education system doesn’t teach us the 4 things that are most important to them (health, wealth, love and happiness) and they don’t teach us how to market ourselves once we achieve our degree
- 10:45 How Dr. Yaniv helps people get the word out to the world about what they do and how he helps people to be able to find them
- 12:45 Why it’s important, as an entrepreneur, to not just focus on what you are selling, but to understand and focus on why people would buy it.
- 14:00 The importance of defining your target audience and crafting your message specifically for that audience
- 18:00 Why your product must be good to establish a long term relationship with the client
- 19:30 The importance of being authentic and not trying to be like someone else
- 23:00 Why it’s important to continuously work on your skills- how he became one of the world’s top public speakers even though English was not his mother language
- 24:00 If you know your unique perspective you don’t need to compete with anyone else.
- 31:00 How Dr. Zaid was able to write a successful marketing campaign for a coffee shop that he doesn’t own, and even though he doesn’t drink coffee
- 34:00 The importance of using simple words in your message and marketing, not fancy jargon that is hard for some people to understand
- 36:30 The importance of using social proof in your marketing
- 45:30 How to be proactive in acquiring social proof for your business
- 48:00 Why collaboration in a win-win situation
- 48:00 Dr. Zaid’s new book, The 21st Century Sales Bible and how he’s been able to promote it to get it into multiple countries in multiple languages
- 57:00 How to motivate someone that is stuck or stopped in their business (the importance of having a very specific call to action)
- 1:02:00 Different ways to work with Dr. Yaniv Zaid
- 1:05:00 Closing thoughts and conversation summary
About Dr. Yaniv Zaid:
Known to the world as “Doctor Persuasion”,
economist and attorney Dr. Yaniv Zaid acts as a business consultant to government departments, private firms, and public organizations. He holds a Ph.D. in law and utilizes his rich knowledge and
experience to help others achieve success.
Dr. Zaid is recognized worldwide as an expert in the fields of public speaking, marketing, sales, negotiation, and persuasion, and placed 3rd in the 2003 world ranking of public speakers.
Following 20 years of international success, Dr. Zaid i s the author of 11 best-seller books – including “Public Speaking”, “Creative Marketing” and “Sales Bible” – and is often invited to lecture and consult around the world.
Please make sure you subscribe to the podcast (this way you can listen from anywhere) and leave me a review! that will help others to be able to find the podcast as well.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Dr. Zaid’s website (drpersuasion.com)
- Email Dr. Zaid (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Get the Book: 21st Century Sales Bible
- Submit Questions to Amy
- Subscribe to this Podcast
- 4 Key Mindset Shifts to Help You Live in Alignment
I love you!
Click Here to access my recommended all-in-one business for online entrepreneurs.
I can’t wait to share the best community for helping you build your current business or to start a new one.