In this episode, I am joined by Steven Twohig. Steven is the founder of Mastering Change.
Steven practices and teaches Shadow Work, Psychedelic Integration, Mindfulness, and Business Strategy.
He believes that by doing your shadow work, you are doing the work necessary to change the world.
In this episode, Steven shares his story of trauma that led him to this work, as well as the benefits that can be received by others who want to improve their lives and businesses.
If you’ve ever wondered how plant medicine, psychedelic integration and shadow work can help you in your life and business, this episode will help you.
Enjoy the episode!
Quotes From This Episode
- Change is always uncomfortable, it’s rarely convenient.
- If we really want to create a society that is moving in a direction of love, not survival, we’ve got to learn to let go of those old things that we’re holding onto that most of us have forgotten that we’re holding onto. Being born is not living. Being born is just the invitation to come alive.
- There’s no innovation without insight. (Plant medicine and business)
- In your darkness is where your gold is.
- At the end of the day, we are all just walking each other home.
- Suffering is sacred. (a belief in shadow work)
- Give yourself permission to hear the truth. You are God having a human experience.
Here are some of the topics that were covered in this episode:
- 00:00 Intro
- 2:00 The trauma Steven experienced a a toddler that led him to do this Shadow Work
- 4:20 How the mind has been hijacked for survival
- 6:00 Steven’s experience working with Ayahuasca and plant medicine
- 8:00 What shadow is- the part of ourselves that’s asleep- and how working with psychedelics can help us to see it.
- 11:30 My experience with plant medicine so far and why I’m drawn to explore it further (my father’s experience with it and his recommendation for me to try it).
- 14:00 Where should I do Ayahuasca an who should I do it with?
- 17:30 Why Psychedelic Integration is important and how it works
- 22:00 The importance of the right set, setting and sitter when it comes to plant medicine
- 22:30 Why Ayahuasca is not for everyone and how to prepare for it
- 23:00 What is Psychedelic Integration?
- 30:30 Is it necessary to relive past trauma in order to experience breakthroughs?
- 33:00 The consciousness (and safety net) of the plants and the difference between plant medicine and other psychedelics (LSD, etc).
- 39:00 How does your work with psychedelics help people in regard to business strategy?
- 42:45 Do we have to set a specific intention before going into a psychedelic session? Do we need to know ahead of time if it’s for business, trauma, etc?
- 43:30 The three intentions he recommends going in with are are: Help me heal, help me understand, help me change
- 45:30 Steven’s experience with 5-MeO-DMT (psychedelic toad venom) and data downloads
- 48:30 The best places to get information about plant medicine if you’ve never researched it
- 49:00 Who is Ayahuasca for, and not for?
- 53:00 Steven’s prediction for the future of plant medicine and future generations
- 53:30 How does someone become a guide?
- 59:15 Closing thoughts from Steven
About Steven Twohig:
Founder of Mastering Change, Steven Twohig has committed himself to mastering the art of transformation.
While seeking to heal from trauma inflicted while just a toddler, Steven was introduced to the practice of shadow work in April of 2000, leading to a lifelong study and what he believes is a path to enlightenment.
He is an international speaker and has traveled worldwide,teaching a blend of strategy, shadow work, and spirituality. He has extensive study in mindfulness, mindset, business optimization, shadow work and facilitation, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), hypnotherapy, group dynamics, peak performance, leadership dynamics, and unconscious communication.
Through this work, he has formulated a specific framework for understanding the human experience and is currently training other guides to spread the practice.
#043: Shadow Work, Plant Medicine & Psychedelic Integration with Steven Twohig
Please make sure you subscribe to the podcast (this way you can listen from anywhere) and leave me a review! that will help others to be able to find the podcast as well.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Mastering Change (Steven’s website- do the 30 day mental cleanse, download the app, etc)
- Steven Twohig on Facebook
- Steven Twohig on Instagram
- Steven Twohig on Twitter
- Steven Twohig on YouTube
- Submit Questions to Amy
- Subscribe to this Podcast
- 4 Key Mindset Shifts to Help You Live in Alignment
I love you!
Click Here to Get My Freedom Escape Plan!
A Step-By-Step Blueprint for Making a Difference and Building a Business You Can Be Proud Of.