Relaunching Your Blog After a Sabbatical PLUS Providing Value Vs. Pitching
In today’s episode I will be answering some specific questions that came in from one of my readers, Chris. These topics will be important to understand and so helpful for you if you feel like you have been branding your company instead of yourself, as well as what to do if you have been missing in action for a while and want to resurface.
“I’ve been blogging on/off for years and I stepped away for a while to deal with some family things, so my blogging challenge now is to “relaunch” my blog and get back in touch with my list I had built, if that’s possible? Â Sort of awkward to restart, or start over.
My other challenge is to switch from pitching my company like I did years ago and now come up with ideas for blogging that are generic and provide value.”
Enjoy the episode!
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- How to reintroduce yourself to your list after being missing in action for a period of time
- Why it’s important to brand yourself, not your company
- Providing niche-specific value vs. company-specific information
- 5 ways to generate leads from your blog without being pitchy
- Adding a call to action (linking to a capture page) in your p.s. line after providing value
- Providing product reviews on your blog, for products within your niche (not only products in your company)
- These tips are NOT specifically for people in the Network Marketing niche
- Adding a category to your blog to keep company-specific content cataloged
- You can keep your blog specific to the degree that people don’t even know what company you’re in- creates curiosity
- Adding a ‘Work With Me’ tab to you blog
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Submit Questions to Amy
- Episode 2: 5 Simple Ways to Generate Leads From Your Blog
- Freebie: Visual examples of lead magnets
- Thrive Market
- How to Become a Master in Your Niche
- Subscribe to this podcast