Facebook Timeline Will Be Mandatory… Have You Switched Over Yet?
The Facebook Timeline has been up and running for months, but many people have still not switched over and started using it.
If that’s you, I have some news for you…
Facebook just announced that over the next several weeks it will become mandatory for all of it’s users (over 800 million) to start using the Facebook Timeline.
What is the Facebook Timeline?
About a month ago, I did a post with a video that goes over some of the details of the Facebook timeline. You can access that post here.
Here are just a few of the features of the Facebook Timeline:
- New cover design. This allows you to get creative and feature the photo of your choice, your blog header, and announcement or whatever you like. It’s a great way to help feature your business (more tips about that in the recording of my webinar).
- Allows you to go back in time and add stories and pictures to fill in the blanks
- Can easily access status posts based on any date in the past (on your own timeline or on your friends’)
- Add life events with a couple of clicks
- Feature certain stories to help them stand out
- Edit or hide posts before they’re seen by others
- 7-day grace period before the public will see your timeline so be sure and hide anything you don’t want displayed on your timeline before the grace period ends. You can also choose to publish immediately
I Love the Facebook Timeline!
I’m absolutely loving the Facebook Timeline. I’ve been using it since it first rolled out for developers (before it was launched to the general public) and it’s been awesome in so many ways.
One of my favorite features of the new Facebook Timeline is the new cover design. This allows you to customize the cover of your profile to help yourself stand out, to promote your business, to highlight a current promotion you are doing at the time (book launch, etc), or whatever you like.
I change the cover on my Facebook Timeline regularly to keep it fun and up to date. Here’s what mine looks like right now:
Also, notice how the top line under your profile picture can now be a live link to your fanpage or business. This is another HUGE benefit of the Facebook Timeline.
Again, be sure and check out my video for all of the details about the new Facebook Timeline here.
Have fun with it (I certainly am)! And feel free to post a link to your new Facebook Timeline in the comments below so we can see your cover!
Please leave your questions and comments about the Facebook Timeline below…
To your success,